Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i've been thinking about people against homosexuality lately.
some people say you have a choice, when you're younger, about whether you want to be gay or not. i'm heterosexual and i've never, ever, had that happen to me. i've never looked at a male and say, 'you know, maybe i should go for him'. it just doesn't work

so are the people who say that actually bisexual and have brainwashed themselves into thinking otherwise, are they spreading propaganda or are they just really fucking stupid?
who are you arguing with
billy joe armstrong and christian politicians
Billie joe armstrong is bisexual
yeah i know but he says we all have a choice and that media and popular culture washes it out of us before we hit puberty
which is absolutely ludicrous
.. Well what does he say for people that are gay?
They missed out on pop culture and media?

I was looking at girls before I even started dating.
>:
i assume it's basically the same argument but backwards

retro bug should be able to phrase it properly
haha
Apparently people always know they are gay and there are EIGHT YEAR OLDS that say they are gay.

I'm sure there was a TV show about a 5 year old that asked for a sex change aswell.

so I am pretty sure it is all genetic and there's no choice involved. Although there is the occasional retard that "makes the choice" and claims to be gay, then when there's a penis in front of his mouth he breaks down crying.
an irish twelve year old had a sex change. at first i thought HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY KNOW but after talking to other people online who have switched genders it seems like it's an all or nothing thing where you can't be wrong
I presume it's just a natural thing for them. What I always wondered was, how can they know what it feels like to be the opposite gender? How can they think "I am a female trapped in a males body" or vice versa, when they can't even have an accurate idea of what it would feel like if they were born as the opposite gender. But I wouldn't know, it's just a natural thing that they identify with and then make that decision based on their feelings. I don't think anyone would switch without a lot of thought behind it.

Although I don't really agree with how they place a lot of value on the physical appearance, I mean if they are attracted to the same gender then so be it, but going so far as to actually alter they physical body is a bit unnecessary, imo. It might get them a few one night stands and then shock their partner when they realise IT'S A TRAP, but when it comes to actual relationships their partner shouldn't really care about their physical body and just love them all the same. So the whole gender change surgery is redundant, imo, they should just be happy with what they were born with.

Oh and to anyone that sees this and thinks that I believe gender identity and homosexuality are the same thing, I realise that it isn't, I just went off on a tangent.
I had vendaks opinion till I actually met a couple of people suffering from gender dysphoria (or whatever) online and heard their stories
(07-24-201003:51 AM)Ascaris Wrote: I had vendaks opinion till I actually met a couple of people suffering from gender dysphoria (or whatever) online and heard their stories

Would you share a basic summary?
(07-24-201003:49 AM)Verslie Wrote: Although I don't really agree with how they place a lot of value on the physical appearance, I mean if they are attracted to the same gender then so be it, but going so far as to actually alter they physical body is a bit unnecessary, imo. It might get them a few one night stands and then shock their partner when they realise IT'S A TRAP, but when it comes to actual relationships their partner shouldn't really care about their physical body and just love them all the same. So the whole gender change surgery is redundant, imo, they should just be happy with what they were born with.

i don't think it's actually about there sexual orientation though. all you need is one bisexual transgender to disprove that and i'm sure there's lots of them. it's more about being. for instance, someone i was talking to said he liked to crossdress when he reached his early twenties, but only identified what he needed to do when he was in his thirties. it's not about appearance; it's about being... what is that nivea for men copyright saying again... oh yeah, comfortable in your skin. it just feels wrong and has nothing to do with wanting to get partners.
i'm aware i repeated myself several times there. my bad
(07-24-201003:49 AM)Verslie Wrote: I just went off on a tangent.

for anyone who thinks that's bad, it's not. it's actually made the thread more interesting
it's a sense of intense suffering. there is nothing definably wrong with you but you don't feel right in your body; that's a horrible feeling. you look at your privates and your instincts tell you what should be there but something entirely different is. it forces people into isolation and depression, drives them to suicide because NO ONE can understand what you're going through or find a way to help you.

I still don't and rationally can't encourage sex change as the only option; therapy could help. but now I can sorta empathise with the pain these people go through.
(07-24-201003:54 AM)Rekhyt Wrote:
(07-24-201003:49 AM)Verslie Wrote: Although I don't really agree with how they place a lot of value on the physical appearance, I mean if they are attracted to the same gender then so be it, but going so far as to actually alter they physical body is a bit unnecessary, imo. It might get them a few one night stands and then shock their partner when they realise IT'S A TRAP, but when it comes to actual relationships their partner shouldn't really care about their physical body and just love them all the same. So the whole gender change surgery is redundant, imo, they should just be happy with what they were born with.

i don't think it's actually about there sexual orientation though. all you need is one bisexual transgender to disprove that and i'm sure there's lots of them. it's more about being. for instance, someone i was talking to said he liked to crossdress when he reached his early twenties, but only identified what he needed to do when he was in his thirties. it's not about appearance; it's about being... what is that nivea for men copyright saying again... oh yeah, comfortable in your skin. it just feels wrong and has nothing to do with wanting to get partners.

I can understand that, although I wouldn't have thought getting gender reassignment would help with that, but to each their own I guess. If it makes them more comfortable then I say go for it.

Hopefully people will start being more open-minded about this sort of thing in the next decade or two. It's crazy to think that in 2003, it was still illegal to be homosexual in some states in the USA, and that gay marriage and adoption is still widely disallowed in many places.

Not counting the middle east though, those guys are crazy, you get executed just for saying you're gay.
(07-24-201003:59 AM)Ascaris Wrote: it's a sense of intense suffering. there is nothing definably wrong with you but you don't feel right in your body; that's a horrible feeling. you look at your privates and your instincts tell you what should be there but something entirely different is. it forces people into isolation and depression, drives them to suicide because NO ONE can understand what you're going through or find a way to help you.

I still don't and rationally can't encourage sex change as the only option; therapy could help. but now I can sorta empathise with the pain these people go through.

I find it funny how you say you can empathise with these people whilst having the user title "faggotry is a bannable offence"

Ascaris just doesn't like exposing his caring side.