Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best friends
let's talk about our best friends here. irl or online i don't care.
i have two VERY CLOSE FRIENDS irl but not close enough to call them my best friends

all of my best friends have just drifted apart over the years
idk. i'm a very selfish person, so my bestfriend had another bestfriend and then we weren't bestfriends anymore because I'm not bestfriends with people who have bestfriends. >: hope that made sense. but i do have certain people i trust that i talk to, not a bestfriend. even though i lie and say to their face they're my bestfriend.
i have several best friends.

one's called kevin. he's utterly amazing for one simple reason: he doesn't care about what people think of him. all he wants is to have fun. if people try to put him down for what he does, he just drops them out of his life. i have never seen him try to redeem himself in the eyes of someone who judges him. he reads dragonballz manga in school and when people slag him he just says 'fuck you' and goes back to it. he plays pokemon whenever he wants.

and he talks about everything. yugioh, pokemon, whatever. it doesn't matter who's listening, he'll just talk about it. and he goes real in-depth, especially with stuff like sonic the hedgehog. like he's created several theories about chaos control and how it works and he's just unphased by anything. he's never had a girlfriend and i just can't piece it together because girls love confidence and this guy, this guy isn't afraid of anything.

the one thing i fucking hate is that he's dyslexic. if he wasn't dyslexic, he'd probably be the vendak to my fox. we'd go everywhere, troll, rule forums. goddamn i'd be able to do anything with this guy because he doesn't care about 'maturity' so long as he can do what he thinks is fun, and i envy him for it so much.
Sounds like a cool guy, actually.
of course he's a cool guy. my entire inner circle are cool guys. they're so cool it's hard to figure who to talk about next
alright so i have this friend called terry. except his name isn't terry, it's rory. but for some reason i started calling him terry and now everyone calls him terry, even his mom. he's sort of like tex because without me he'd be nothing. i introduced him to my inner circle of friends and built him up, gave him a new persona during the summer of 2008 and he's been awesome since.

the thing i love about him is his humour and how he can change from being funny to being serious at the tip of a hat. like we were drinking about a month ago and we're laughing at this joke and my friend ross makes this derogatory comment towards top dog and terry just stops laughing and tells ross to shut the fuck up. like he just SHUTS HIM DOWN completely and ross doesn't talk for at least five minutes after. he's not particularly strong, but his voice is just menacing.

another thing is that he doesn't mind the name terry. i don't remember why i started calling him terry. there've been many theories, like 'he's got ginger hair, so it must have been terry's chocolate ORANGE' but i don't think that's it.

he's also the only guy i know i can tell anything to without him judging my masculinity. like i have a lesbian best friend who i normally spill everything out to but she gives awful, awful advice so if i need a second resort, terry's the man.

he also made out with this ugly moth with an afro for half an hour because we dared him to. what a fucking legend
the best friend i've had for longest is my friend fionn. i've known him for over a decade now and for the first three quarters of that he was ALWAYS THERE FOR ME. as you know, i like playing devil's advocate so i often found myself blowing things out of proportion and getting blamed for stuff. even if he knew i was in the wrong, he'd stand up for me.

the kid's also a genius. we used to compare test results and we'd draw pretty much every time in every subject. now, however, forums destroyed my attention span and my drive to do well in school, so when we get our results in september, he's going to hammer me. but he's not like a faggot genius where you're anti-social and you play world of warcraft all day; fionn gets all da bitches and he's charismatic so he has a massive circle of friends. he's learned in a bunch of crazy things like wines and the classical studies of ireland. are there even classical studies of ireland? nothing interesting happened until the vikings visited us in the twelfth century i gotta say, but if you wanna know, fionn's your man.

fionn's got a photographic memory. sometimes i joke and say i have one too, but in reality i just have a really good memory. fionn can recount details nobody could possibly recount ever. like we said 'remember that day we saw the school final' and he painted out an event for us while we looked at pictures of it. it was crazy

he's a really good artist, he's my only friend irl my age who's on par with my writing skills, he's probably the best actor i've ever seen. the only thing that breaks him and makes me not hang out with him that much is that he's a pathological lier. despite having all his achievements; having an extremely hot girlfriend, being captain of the As rugby team and so on, he has to have a better story than you. and if he can't instant improvise, he will abuse you heavily. this is funny when he's bringing down someone who deserves it, but when he's bringing down close friends just for the sake of looking good, there's something wrong.

sometimes i consider getting him to post on forums, but i worry that he'll lie too much or think it's a roleplay or something stupid so i go against it. then i realise he doesn't have a computer so that complicates matters also.
write something to me!
probably the best friend who currently matters to me most is a girl called orlaith. i've known her for two years and now and in that space we've pretty much grown dependent on each others' musical tastes, helpful opinions etc. my friends don't understand how the two of us can be so close without being intimate with each other, so i've just given up explaining to them that we're just friends and now i just say she's a lesbian.

she gives absolutely awful, awful advice. sometimes i'll give her a sob story just to lift my spirits by hearing her ridiculous advice. and she doesn't mind because she knows she can't give advice.

she also gets into fights over me on my facebook wall with my friends. there was this 'like this facebook status and i'll write what i like about you' thing going on so i went for it and after procrastinating for a day she commented 'i'm waiting to hear what you love about me kevin' and everyone started responding 'who the fuck do you think you are' but she wouldn't back down and said crazy stuff like 'kevin loves me i'll have you know of course he'd do me before you guys'.

i dunno it's weird. i connect with her better than i've ever connected with anyone before and she's so so so hot but i don't want to do anything romantic with her at all. life's weird
(07-26-201002:25 AM)Rekhyt Wrote: she also gets into fights over me on my facebook wall with my friends. there was this 'like this facebook status and i'll write what i like about you' thing going on so i went for it and after procrastinating for a day she commented 'i'm waiting to hear what you love about me kevin' and everyone started responding 'who the fuck do you think you are' but she wouldn't back down and said crazy stuff like 'kevin loves me i'll have you know of course he'd do me before you guys'.

Hahaha. I smiled at the "kevin loves me" part.

What you described is exactly how it is with the two female friends I have, where everyone literally thinks we are going out since we're always either together in a corner talking about whatever the fuck is available to be talked about.

I dunno, but something about being attracted to your best friends just doesn't feel right for me, not so much because of the cliche that it ruins friendships, but that there is this awkward feeling because it wasn't brought up until now.
My best friend has recently given me a "fuck off, I don't care about you anymore" attitude.
me and my two best friends went our separate ways at the beginning of high school and now i just have a lot of acquaintances. i guess i have a few close acquaintances but there not as good as kevin and john were. never forget. ;(
My best friend died last year.

He was a real good friend.
After reading the replies here I think Rekky should start appreciating his friends more
[Image: http://i27.tinypic.com/245h4kj.jpg]
eh heh heh just joshin

my best friend is milo here is a picture
[Image: http://i28.tinypic.com/14ilvdu.png]

ok it is an exaggeration im not that tall ;0
(07-26-201006:47 AM)Justin Wrote: me and my two best friends went our separate ways at the beginning of high school and now i just have a lot of acquaintances. i guess i have a few close acquaintances but there not as good as kevin and john were. never forget. ;(

somewhat this